Monday, July 23, 2007

To the God of small things

Many thanks, I shocked my IT technician Graham today by telling him i loved him!
Such are the small pleasures of being a doctoral student.
My endnote 7 is now endnote X , 3 months of my own incompetence or the softwares incompetence (FAE= fundamental attribution error, suggests i should not blame myself when things go wrong....) had meant i was left with a library that would not talk to my word documents.
Today all is good in the world.
One of the following may be true:
I held my tongue right
I prayed to the God of small things
Graham took out the trash so there was no remnant, no ghost in the machine
Endnote developed, belatedly, a patch to convert endnote 7 to endnote x for macs.
The three pdf files out of more than 200 in the data file that had hieroglyphs incompatible with the software, including question marks and poles, were deleted (I will one day discover where links dont work and say damn...)

I have no idea which, or if all, of these actions can be given credit for what now works, but am soooo happy!
Work does not suck. There are after all IT technicians in my work world.

Blink 182

All the, small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take, one lift
Your ride, best trip
Always, I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting, commiserating

Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Na, Na.......

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Say it ain't so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home
Na, Na......

No comments:

Post a Comment